Chamber membership increases your credibility by assuring your customers that you are an involved business, making Humboldt and Dakota City a better place to live, work, and play.
The Chamber is:
Your Public Relations Specialist
- Nearly 175 Chamber newsletters are mailed each month
- Free listings in the Directory published annually
- Ribbon cuttings for Chamber members to celebrate special events
- Responds to requests monthly for community and relocation information
- Daily answers calls about business in the community
- It is the smiling face at the door of your community
- Up-to-date data on business trends, cost of living, population, taxes and other information
- Listing of community resources available
Your Sales Manager
- Chamber member products and services are sold every day through membership referrals
- The Chamber is the only organization that promotes the total community’s image throughout the year.
- Discount cards promote business and increases customer traffic. Click Here for a list of businesses that currently offer discounts.
- The business community is represented on issues involving state and local government
What You Receive For Your Membership
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony By Chamber – to celebrate your Grand Opening or Grand Reopening. The Chamber will contact The Humboldt Independent for their presence at the ribbon cutting to take pictures and issue a story on your opening.
- Business Referrals – Inquiries about products and services in Humboldt-Dakota City are referred only to member businesses. Courtesy cards are then mailed out to you to inform you of the referral.
- “Humboldt Advance” Newsletter – New members will be featured in our newsletter, as well as new appointments and promotions within your business. This newsletter reaches many business contacts in your community. You will also find important meeting dates and community activities highlighted in this publication, keeping you well informed of community events and happenings.
- Membership Plaque and Door Decal – All members of the Humboldt-Dakota City Chamber of Commerce receive a membership plaque for display in your business as well as a static-cling door decal. These two items tell your customers that you are proud to be a supportive member of their community.
- Membership Directory – As a member, you will receive a free Membership Directory listing all Chamber members. Your listing in this is absolutely free. This publication is updated and distributed annually and is a great future reference for you business.
- Chamber Bucks – Over $38,500 in Chamber Bucks were issued during the past year! These are dollars spent only at member businesses.
2010-2011 Board of Directors
City of Dakota City
|Clifton Kalafatich - Vice President
Erpelding, Voigt, & Co.
Humboldt Motor Sales
Arends & Lee
|Jeff Goodell – President
Computer Works & Vinyl Signs
North Park Family Dentistry
|Pete Carlson - Chair
Absolute Pest Management